About Merrion Fetal Health
Ultrasound Clinic Dublin 2
Medically Led Consultant Collaboration
Merrion Fetal Health is an ultrasound clinic in Dublin 2, which is a medical collaboration between five consultants. The clinic is led by the following consultants: Dr Peter Mc Parland, Dr Stephen Carroll, Professor Fionnuala McAuliffe, Dr Shane Higgins and Dr Rhona Mahony. All are Consultant Obstetrician Gynaecologists with specialist training in Fetal Medicine, based at the National Maternity Hospital, Dublin.
Sonographer Midwife Led
The clinic is sonographer midwife facilitated, led by Sarah Madden, who is the Midwife Manager and Lead Sonographer.
Ultrasound For All Stages Of Pregnancy
Merrion Fetal Health offers ultrasound for all stages of pregnancy including early pregnancy scans, nuchal scans, anatomy and growth scans. We can also offer the Harmony Prenatal Test. Gynaecological and fertility scans are available on referral. Here you can Meet The Consultants …..and here you can meet the rest of the Clinic Team
Why attend Merrion Fetal Health?
1. We are a medically led clinic, with a great clinic team – so in other words we balance medical expertise, with peace of mind and a friendly, professional team.
2. We can also offer follow on treatment when there is a need because it is consultant-led. This offers patients continuity during pregnancy. Follow on care with a fetal medicine specialist at the National Maternity Hospital, Dublin, can be arranged if you so wish.
3. There is an increasing demand for prenatal ultrasound from patients, midwives and doctors. The current public health system in Ireland is unable to cope with the existing demand and many patients and doctors seek ultrasound services in the private sector.
4. Merrion Fetal Health exists to address the deficit in private services and is differentiated from existing private ultrasound services in that it is medically led delivering an unrivalled peace of mind through service excellence.
5. Individually designated appointment times allow you to avail of unrivalled comfort and privacy in a unique environment.
6 State-of-the-art equipment combined with highly qualified and experienced fetal ultrasound specialists allows Merrion Fetal Health to provide a fetal diagnostic service that is second to none.
7. 42″ screens in each ultrasound room allow you and your partner to see your scan clearly and in complete comfort.
8. Merrion Fetal Health is conveniently located in Dublin 2 and offers ultrasound for all stages of pregnancy including early pregnancy scans, nuchal scans, anatomy and growth scans. Merrion Fetal Health is open to all women not just those attending the National Maternity Hospital.
9. Last but certainly not least, our team are not only professionals with a wealth of experience, but many of us are parents also, and quite a few of us are also women who have been pregnant ourselves and given birth.
See Video With Prof. Shane Higgins
What Our Patients Say
“This is my second visit to Merrion Fetal, I was very pleased on both occasions. Lovely quiet waiting room, appointment was on time. The 20-week scan is very detailed we enjoyed watching our baby on the large TV screen. We got some beautiful photos. The nurse was very pleasant and talked us through all the measurements and anatomy. I would highly recommend this scanning clinic.”
“I had the best experience at the Merrion Fetal Health clinic for my 20-week big scan. The staff were so friendly and so nice and the lovely lady who did my ultrasound scan was amazing. She was so thoroughgoing to absolutely everything and gave me such reassurance on how my baby was growing and developing. I would recommend any Mother to be to attend here if you are looking for a comfortable, reassuring and super pleasant experience.”
“Highly recommend! We had an early scan due to a little scare at the start of pregnancy and then another at 12 weeks to make sure all was good again. Helen who was scanning on both days was fantastic. We felt totally relaxed and un-rushed while she took her time finding the best angle of baby to get us the clearest pictures as keepsakes all while making sure everything was perfect with baby. She reassured us throughout and I can honestly say it was the best money we ever spent getting both scans done.
Please let Helen know we are 18 weeks now and flying along Highly recommend!
Scans & Services
Videos By Consultants